23 March 2020
With the situation surrounding coronavirus constantly changing and the situation impacting the construction industry we have detailed below sources of info and things to consider when drawing up an action plan for your business:
1. Make sure you are aware of the Government advice on managing the Coronavirus for employers and businesses.
2. Make sure you are aware of the Government’s information on Coronavirus.
3. Make sure you monitor the Government’s Coronavirus Action Plan.
4. Make sure you are follow and continually monitor the NHS Guidance with regards to Coronavirus.
5. Make sure all employees have had toolbox talks briefing them on the details and requirements with regards to Coronavirus.
6. Make sure other contractors on site are following the appropriate procedures and advising this to their employees.
7. Consider the meetings, events and business travel with a review as to if they are necessary or could they be held in another manner or postponed.
8. Formulate a Coronavirus action plan.
Consider within your action plan:
a) Co-ordination and clear leadership on the issue.
b) Preparation for reduced staff levels.
c) Communication channels with your workforce during isolation, home working, etc.
d) Hygiene arrangements.
e) Advising employees on keeping healthy.
f) Workplace cleaning.
g) Review of travel policies.
h) Preparing for remote working where possible.
i) Reviewing your supply chain to ensure they have plans in place.
We wish all our members well during these challenging times.